cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency is ruining my online experience.

tommyjeff
Fledgling

I signed up to three internet on account of a recommendation. A family member was using the 5G hub, said they were getting a great price and great service. Thought that sounded good so as I was moving into a new place, thought I'd look into it! 

I could only get the 4G hub, but I thought that no bother. After all, I've checked out the reviews and no complaints. I thought I'd be playing wired, so latency wouldn't be an issue. Boy was I wrong 

After all the issues playing XBOX on here with regard to NAT Type, uPNP right off the bat - I was concerned. Got that sorted, then saw the issues regarding latency and MTU - the best I can get is 81ms and with the MTU parked at 1360 it's a huge issue. One which three have admitted they have no control over. posts are going back over 18 months on this forum - wish I'd spotted them

I don't get a lot of downtime and I can't even play a game with friends because of the delays I'm experiencing. 

I've been signed up for less than a month, am I going to be able to cancel this contract? I can't do another two years.

It's a shame, the speeds great and so is the upload

2 REPLIES 2
nhawan
Regular

There is a huge difference in speed and latency between 4G and 5G. I have the 5G hub and get around 20-25ms ping in Ookla Speedtest with download spped around 500Mbps. In game it varies between 20ms-50ms depending on the game. If I connect with 4G only then latency is in the 40-60ms range in the speedtest. You should test 5G in your house( maybe ask your family member to bring their hub) and if it works well then try to swap for the 5G hub or go for fibre broadband instead.

GarryM66
Regular

This won't fix the MTU problem, and improve XBOX live.