cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G Broadband Issues & Customer Service Team

dave_goodwin
Regular

I am having issues with a malfuncting ZTE Three 5G Broadband Router.

The rouer is dropping signal regularly and the sppeds are so low it will not allow catch up Tv to run - which should only need 3-5mbps to work.

On contacting the technical dept they said they would carry out some technical tests. I was then told the ests showed there was a network issue. I then advised the representative that the router sim had been tested in a phone at the same position and the netwrok was fine. We also have two Three 5G mobile contracts. Bith phones work fine with data on network.

I also have another three 5G Broadband router which works fine in thta location with no network issues.

I was told there was nothing could be done as they has carried out technical tests on my device.

Obviously I am not going to pay for a device and service i'm not getting so the adviser agreed to cancel the contract. Ten minutes later I received a text saying i'd need to pay an additional £231 in charges.

I have soent more than 13 hours on Live Chat and calls trying to orgnaise a resolution. 9 hours down the line I was offered a like for like replacement device. I refused as I think it is unbekievable that i'm being offered another failing device as I have already had two of these ZTE routers and they are simply not fit for purpose. After 9 hours I would have expected some goodwill for my time wasted trying to sort a simple issue.

I will be updating this thread as my SAR request is recieved. I feel it is important Three Broadband customers understand what I have learned from this experience.

None of the people who claim to be Three Customer Complaint or Technical Team Managers are actual managers. They all just say they are managers.

None of the tests they claim to carry out 5G routers are real. They simply claim it is network issues and make it out that you don't undertsand the technical wrk they are doing. There is no technical work being done.

I will evidence this when I recieve my SAR request as two representitives admitted on Live Chat and calls that they were lying about tests.

I understand what has happened because I have another Three device which works fine. I believe that they will be doing the same with other customers and it is shocking that they are lying to people to avoid servicing malfunctioning equipment.

I will post the details as I receive them.

7 REPLIES 7
StellaStar
Fledgling

Your not alone-im having issues getting my ZTE Router to even let me sign in-its like I've been locked out so I can't resolve it-will see if it's working tomorrow cos I give up wasting my time on it.

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @StellaStar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble signing in, this must be frustrating.

Have you carried out a factory reset on the device, already?

I'm keen to help.

Thanks,
Kate

I have reset device multiple times. The device has been tested in several locations. The sim has been removed and tested in anither device and the download speed was perfectly fine. These routers are the issue.

These devices are quite obviously nit fit for purpose. I've had anither swapped out on another account for an upgraded router which works perfectly fine.

I susoect Three know this full well and they lie by oretending to carry out technical tests. Try the sim in a 5G enebaked ohone and do spped tests at the same oocation as the router. I bet the newtwirk is fine.

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @dave_goodwin,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with the Home Broadband device that has resulted in you cancelling the contract.

I'm keen to take a look into your concerns, I'll PM you have instructions on how to reach out to some collegues who will be able to help here.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Kate

I'm afraid they won't support me. Indeed the technical and customer care team have both lied about actions carried out over the course of my enquiries. I even had one staff member telling me they were carrying out remote device testing even though the device was unplugged.

I've prbably had 14-15 hours of phone calls and live chat discussions trying to fix this.

There is no jepoardy for staff who provide false information to cusotmers as there are no managerds willing to check what was said.

There is also an orgnaisational cutiure where staff pretend they are managers.

The whole system is set up to stop customers getting assistance.

Unnamedhn
Fledgling

Three tend to cap speeds which is why I buy my router off the company or used one off eBay. I got rid of mine and bought zte off Amazon