Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Broadband Roaming Setting

Col33
Active

Does anyone have their home router set up with Data Roaming on? And if so does it make any difference to your download speed and reliability? 

I assume having a UK router with Data Roaming switched on will not cost anything but not sure if it would improve the signal in an area where the signal is weak for all networks.

P.S. I am running tests but the mobile signal has been poor for 3 months with ongoing "issues" according to Three with no timeline when they will be resolved. Therefore I don't have reliable data to check at present.

Best solution
Best solution
Paddiewack
Superstar

I have a HUAWEI router with data roaming activated and having just toggled it off and back on,I can say it makes no difference. Call 333 option 4 option 3. That’s tech support. They can give you more information on when your issue is likely to be resolved. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
Paddiewack
Superstar

I have a HUAWEI router with data roaming activated and having just toggled it off and back on,I can say it makes no difference. Call 333 option 4 option 3. That’s tech support. They can give you more information on when your issue is likely to be resolved. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yep this setting only affects usage abroad. UK providers only allow domestic roaming for emergency service calls, and this kicks in automatically when your own provider has no signal.

I'd generally recommend leaving Data Roaming off, unless you're abroad and want to connect. It's pretty rare, but you can get French signal in parts of Dover on clear days, and in other coastal regions you might pick up a connection from a cruise ship. I don't think this is particularly likely on a router as opposed to a MiFi or phone, but you never know.

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Threlly
Involved

"They can give you more information on when your issue is likely to be resolved."

If this forum has proven anything, is that Three customer services appear have zero ability to know what Three are doing.
In fact, it would seem at times that they don't even seem to work for Three.
For example, the number of people forced by mind bending frustration to seek THIS forum out to just get a return for their router instigated!!!
If I had a penny....

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well I think that’s a backhanded compliment to the the forum. 
Could be wrong though!🤔