cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no 5g

marknicholson24
Regular

I have a 5103e router running B12 firmware not had 5g since I got it over a month ago. Contacted customer services several times and been tol its a problem with the masts in my area and they are fixing the problem and been given 3 different dates as to when the problem will be fixed the last of which was 25/12/22 yet still no 5g and still showing fault on network checker. I have also tried the router at mother in laws where it says no issues with network and also no 5G

• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
crypt0ninja
Established

Good luck!

Keep us updated 🙂

So far everyone I'm aware of that's experienced this specific fault scenario (including myself) has been able to pick up 5G just fine following the replacement unit.

Network checker forever says there's work going on in my area too with no end in sight it seems as I check it often and have done for months 😂 but not experienced any issues on any of my 5G devices (yet haha).

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
crypt0ninja
Established

Hi Mark,

Quite a few of us were unable to get a 5G connection with our initial NR5103E routers as they turned out to be faulty and required replacement. Replacements are working fine.

Can you confirm if other devices can pick up 5G in the same spot? if so then its nothing to do with whatever issue is going on at your mast as if you can receive Three 5G on another device in the same location then its likely you also have a faulty NR5103E.

Cheers

marknicholson24
Regular

Yes tried sim in sons 5G phone and it is picking 5G up fine. Can you advise how to get a replacement as all customer services keep saying as its a problem with the masts and have to wait until that is fixed

crypt0ninja
Established

Sounds like a faulty NR5103E to me @marknicholson24...

You can either call up, be firm that its not related to whatever issue is going on with the mast as other devices pick up 5G just fine in the sane location which means that the router should be picking up the 5G signal too (do NOT let them tell you that the mast is currently supplying mobile phone signal but not router signal as that's not true) and ask for the issue to be escalated for replacement. A few have received their replacements this way...

Alternatively maybe @JonathanB can provide some direction for you to get a replacement NR5103E mate...

Someone really needs to feed this back to the call centre managers as the misinformation and lack of knowledge surrounding this issue is not a good look at all...

marknicholson24
Regular

Thanks for the info. Most helpful will call them tomorrow when I'm at home and give it a go

Best solution
crypt0ninja
Established

Good luck!

Keep us updated 🙂

So far everyone I'm aware of that's experienced this specific fault scenario (including myself) has been able to pick up 5G just fine following the replacement unit.

Network checker forever says there's work going on in my area too with no end in sight it seems as I check it often and have done for months 😂 but not experienced any issues on any of my 5G devices (yet haha).

Edtasonic
Regular

Can confirm, I managed to get a replacement sent out a couple of days ago and have had no issues since (no 5G at all on first unit). It took 40 mins on the phone and what seemed to work was telling them that I could get 5G on another device in the same location, that others had had the same problems and a new router had fixed it. As has been said they will try and tell you all sorts of nonsense but if you just repeat yourself it seems to wear them down eventually! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @marknicholson24,

Sorry for the delay on replying, are you still experiencing these issues connecting to 5G, and did you manage to get the router exchanged? If you still need any help with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

marknicholson24
Regular

Hi. 

Got new fouter delivered yesterday after alot of arguing with 3. But plugged it in and connected straight to 5g. Thank you very much to anyone who replied to my post I am extremely great full for your help

Dazzar
Established

I had to argue to get this router over the zte one and it will not connect to 5g but my privately owned cpe pro 2 does so how do I get a replace tn that connects as I think I have been sent a dud