Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access certain sites, others are fine. Sporadic issue 'resolved' with router reboot.

antinbath
Regular

This happens with my mobile broadband, not my phone which is also on Three, but will occur when my phone connects via my wi-fi.

For the past two weeks some websites become unavailable, chiefly noticing with Slack and Asana as I'm working from home.

Disabling the Firewall has no effect.

I've already contacted support through the chat and they cycled the adult filter to see if it was that. 

If I use TunnelBear VPN I can access the sites when the issue is present.

To 'resolve' I need to reboot my router - which is not a solution. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @antinbath,

Sorry to hear about this, are you able to share the error message you're seeing on your browser when this issue happens? That may help narrow down what the issue is for us to give further advice.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

antinbath
Regular

It just shows the standard browser timeout page for affected websites.

The sites affected are still available for other people, and on my phone's 5G connection.

Burton2000
Fledgling

Getting the exact same issue since last week, certain sites work fine but loads of others just can't be reached. Rebooting the router will fix it temporarily.

oldman1900
Regular

I have experienced the same yesterday and today.  Two primary sites  RING and HIVE .  Both lost control of devices attached via them. Alarm, cameras, lights etc. Rebooted router this evening and control was restored. Noticed that RING reported loss of connection over last five days on several occasions overnight. Longest 45 minutes shortest 3 minutes. This has happened at the same time as my home broadband router download speed increased from 120mbps to over 400mbps. Coincidence?

Threlly
Involved

Lol, I'm so used to my connection doing this I'd almost forgotten it's not supposed to be like this.
I reset mine about three times a night.
Connections just hang, you don't get 403 errors etc because it can't get out of Three's network to authenticate an error.

oldman1900
Regular

My own experience of major loss of home broadband connection over the last seven days as logged by my home services devices:-

Thursday      0704hrs - 0749hrs

Friday           0302hrs - 0344hrs

Sunday         0009hrs - 0057hrs

Tuesday        1838hrs - 1907hrs

TODAY         0232hrs - 0416hrs

All of the outages noted above have reconnected without intervention from me. I have however restarted the router/modem every day over the last seven at least once during normal hours of use to restore my home broadband connection.

Each time the online three network status checker for the area stated “our systems haven’t reported any network problems”.

Are the overnight disconnections a fault or three maintenance work? Is the daily loss of connection a fault. Whatever the answer I am still waiting for an upgraded modem following contract renewal and I just can’t take another chat of over one hour even though they do give me a goodwill gesture of £10 each time.

Cityfibre now passes my front door and many providers are knocking on that door offering 999Mbps at the same price as Three and a stable bandwidth by all reports.

My Three home broadband in the last seven days now offers a bandwidth of over 300Mbps (up from 120Mbps) but frequent disconnections and restoration restarts required. Also notice that my two internet radio devices (one via wifi and one via ethernet) provide an intermittent audio stream. They have worked OK for the previous two year contract with three on 5G Home Broadband using the same modem/router.

I am at a lost really as to what action I should take. When I had BT I never had any fault or outage ever over a decade. However a speed of max 60Mbps second persuaded me to change to Three. However is the rest of my life now to consist of daily restarts of my device to ensure a continuous connection?