cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to return Three 5g Broadband router.

Gary501
Regular

I signed up to the 3 5g Home Broadband on 5/2/23 and picked up the router from a 3 store the following day. Set up was a breeze but over the next 3 weeks the signal became ever more unreliable for some reason, so I contacted 3 customer service by letter with a completed returns form within the 30 days return period. I have proof of posting and receipt. I never received a reply. So I contacted 3 customer service representatives by phone who suspended my account and promised me a returns label to be able to return the equipment and close my account. 
So it’s now May 9th and 6 calls and another letter to 3 and still no response about how to send the equipment back to 3. 
But don’t worry even after all of these attempts to solve this issue,  3 can still keep sending me requests for payment, even though their customer service representatives have told me to ignore these requests. 
This had better not turn into Bailiffs banging on my door! 
3 why can’t you just sort this out please. There’s plenty of posts from other people with similar issues. 
Your service is quite frankly appalling. 
Please get in touch to sort this out once and for all!!!

15 REPLIES 15
Regular

Hi @JonathanB 

My partner and I have been trying to cancel our 5G mobile broadband contract since April 2023... We finally managed to return the device in June and were told it was fine to cancel the direct debit and ignore any further communications about overdue sums. 

However... The monthly statements have continued to come through and we have now been told this is in the hundreds of pounds overdue - with a negative effect on my partner's credit rating as well. Every time we call or chat we get told conflicting things; "You have nothing to worry about, it has been cancelled", through to "I can see on your account that you never returned the device". 

This is causing us huge amounts of stress and could even affect our chances of getting finance for bigger, more important things in our lives. Please, please, please can we have an end to this. 

Lindavid6
Fledgling

I have been trying to get a bag for a month now and leave the country next week over an hour each time chatting and phoning, it’s just torture 

Allybally23
Regular

I have the same issue as well

loflake
Fledgling

I have the same problem. I havent received the return bag. I asked them via chat to the customer service. the asked to me to be contacted by the customer team.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @loflake,

I'm sorry we haven't picked up on your post sooner, have you managed to get the return sorted out in the meantime? Please let me know if you still need help with this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Threepea123
Regular

I have the same issue as well. Despite calling Three many times and chatting with them in lengthy conversations I am still waiting for the returns bag. I took out the order in March and now five months later we are in August and my Homehub is still sitting here, while I get emails/text messages about my riding bill every month.

please can someone help me with this issue. It is causing me massive stress and anxiety.

simone