cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to return Three 5g Broadband router.

Gary501
Regular

I signed up to the 3 5g Home Broadband on 5/2/23 and picked up the router from a 3 store the following day. Set up was a breeze but over the next 3 weeks the signal became ever more unreliable for some reason, so I contacted 3 customer service by letter with a completed returns form within the 30 days return period. I have proof of posting and receipt. I never received a reply. So I contacted 3 customer service representatives by phone who suspended my account and promised me a returns label to be able to return the equipment and close my account. 
So it’s now May 9th and 6 calls and another letter to 3 and still no response about how to send the equipment back to 3. 
But don’t worry even after all of these attempts to solve this issue,  3 can still keep sending me requests for payment, even though their customer service representatives have told me to ignore these requests. 
This had better not turn into Bailiffs banging on my door! 
3 why can’t you just sort this out please. There’s plenty of posts from other people with similar issues. 
Your service is quite frankly appalling. 
Please get in touch to sort this out once and for all!!!

15 REPLIES 15
ro90882
Regular

be very careful with missed payments despite what you are being told.

I have exactly the same issue as you in that I am not receiving the returns bag after multiple times calling support.

I was advised by Three customer service over the phone not to worry, that I owe nothing, and to cancel my direct debit.

Three however are billing me, and continue to do so. My first missed payment was reported on my credit history losing me 10% of my score. I have never lost a single point in 18 years.

It is hugely unfortunate that a reputable company like Three should have this behaviour. However, until you have it in writing that your contract has been officially terminated, I would take care.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gary501@ro90882,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've both had this experience of arranging a return against your Home Broadband accounts. We'd like to take a closer look into what's happening here, and do our best to sort this all out.

I'll send you a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can investigate this further. To find your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages"

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Ali4upk
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, 

I have same issue as other 3 customers as I bought mobile broadband from 3,  but service was not good so I cancelled it within cooling off period and returned the dongle in your prepaid returned box, however my direct debit has been cancelled and you are not charging me anything but you keep reporting to credit referencing agencies that I am keep missing payments since I bought that back in may, please look into this and let credit referencing agencies know that the account is already closed and there are no missed payments as it is affecting negatively on my credit profile, thanks, regards, Ali

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Ali,

That's really disappointing to hear your credit file has been impacted for a router you returned. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can look into this further for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Regular

Hi @JonathanB 

My partner and I have been trying to cancel our 5G mobile broadband contract since April 2023... We finally managed to return the device in June and were told it was fine to cancel the direct debit and ignore any further communications about overdue sums. 

However... The monthly statements have continued to come through and we have now been told this is in the hundreds of pounds overdue - with a negative effect on my partner's credit rating as well. Every time we call or chat we get told conflicting things; "You have nothing to worry about, it has been cancelled", through to "I can see on your account that you never returned the device". 

This is causing us huge amounts of stress and could even affect our chances of getting finance for bigger, more important things in our lives. Please, please, please can we have an end to this. 

craigs85
Regular

@JonathanB Perhaps somebody could reach out to me as well as I have the exact same issue.

It is now appearing on my credit report as missed payments.

They have had 3 attempts at requesting a Bag to be sent to me to return the device in, and also a DPD tracking label to be emailed to me!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @craigs85,

I know you've already sent a PM in the meantime but just popping a reply on so it's clear that we've directed you onto more help. Please let me and the community know how things go from here, the team I've directed to should be able to get this sorted out for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Allybally23
Regular

Can someone contact me in regards to this, I had the account for 1 day and arranged a return, no bag received. Every time I call up customer service cannot find the account and hang up on you. I have been online chat and they cannot find the number and next thing chat disappears. I have been on chat over 35 times now and phone calls. I made complaint through the website. I received an email advising they cannot find the account ! I have the account number and mobile number Imei number etc. nobody can find the account yet I receive an email advising me if I don’t return the router I will be charged. I need someone to contact me and arrange return packaging to be sent to return via post office. It is SO frustrating dealing with Three

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Allybally23,

I'm sorry to hear you've been running into so many issues with sorting out this return. I've sent you a reply to your PM now directing you to some further help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB