Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF286D - Admin Web Interface Hangs / Crashes - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

DarrenJackson
Fledgling

Hi

I have a new ZTE MF286D 4G Hub but I am finding the web user interface especially temperamental. It will frequently become unresponsive and then the browser (Chrome or Edge, PC or Android) reports ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and I am chucked out. Literally sometimes just logging in to the front page and then selecting Logout.

A network scan tool shows no response from the router having a web interface after this point either; whereas before the scan tool reports availabilty of a web interface. Presumably the scan tool does a quick scan of the LAN checking each device's basic capability / services.

The only solution is to turn the hub off and on again... which is rather disruptive.

Surely this is a very basic requirement and it concerns me if this is a software bug in the router what more serious issues are lurking in there?

My understanding is the router is running the latest software... I'll check when I can get back to the user interface.

Are there any other users with this issue and any known resolution / fix please.

Regards, Darren Jackson

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Oh, that's a strange issue to be having, especially since it's a local connection rather than a internet connection, there really shouldn't be anything getting in the way. It sounds like maybe the software on the hub is acting up? 

It might be worth trying a factory reset of the router instead, and then trying to run with it for a while on the default settings to see how it reacts. 

Pete. 

DarrenJackson
Fledgling

@Pete for now I am avoiding using one particular PC to access the ZTE web interface and sticking tentatively to an alternative in case the firewall on the particular PC is somehow blocking responses from the web interface - which would be very weird as it's just a browser interface?!