cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E(V1) versus V2 Connection Issues

Alx7
Regular

I have just been sent the newer version of the NR5103 (V2).

And knowing the issues I had with the earlier model I made sure to match all the settings on the new version.

The issue I have is the ipv6 v ipv4, and not being able to connect to most devices in the house with the new router, ie Blink camera's, various home appliances and smart bulbs.

Old router works fine  and everything reconnected straight away, new version not a thing, phone/laptop connect but nothing else will.

Three support is next to useless and I gave up in the end.

Question as these are supposedly the same device will/should the settings on the V1, be the same as the V2? because when ive mirrored them, nothing works.

Any advice / Ideas would be greatly apricated as i have searched the groups and cannot find a fix that works. 

On the verge of sending It back and staying with the old V1 as that works fine and no issues.

New device sent due to a price change as they couldn't just adjust price but had to send a new device 

4 REPLIES 4
Spud
Involved

Long shot. Split SSID and try connecting everything to 2.4Ghz WiFi? Oh, and I think the v1 is a better router. I have one.

Alx7
Regular

Ssid’s already split and 2.4ghz is the issue not connecting, and i tend to agree with you about the version 1 

Alx7
Regular

Update:- after a lifetime on the phone with Three, they have agreed to accept the new V2 back and let me keep the older model, saves alot of hassle, even though they tried to make it as awkward as possible to do this.

the service on the older V1 is great, and there wasnt an issue.

Old Proverb, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It! ( or change in this case)

Hopefully this will be the end of it all........................................ We Shall See....... 

Psmithson
Active

It's not a great router. My CCTV works with it but very slowly. My Amazon Kindles will only connect to the guest network. Occasionally it would just stop working and I had to reboot.

I got a Nokia fastmile from ebay and that doesn't have these problems.