cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch SE woes

Kaizen84
Fledgling

I wanted to purchase an Apple Watch SE2. Figured I’d go straight to my carrier as it would arrive pre-paired to my number etc. looking at the 3 store and the lead page for the SE proudly states “20% faster than the original SE” so this is the SE2 right? Click on specifications tab on the next page and it lists the S5 processor. So now it’s an SE1 and not 20% faster than the original SE as it has the S5 processor?

I ring customer services to confirm which Apple Watch SE I would be receiving and they assure me it is the 2022 version (aka the SE2 released in 2022) so I keep my order.

Lo and behold, what I receive is an SE1 on a contract which totals the same cost I would pay for a much newer Watch.

Obviously displeased at being duped by an incorrect website AND a useless customer support team, I begin my returns process. One phone call and two web chats later and I’m still waiting for a DPD returns label to arrive. It’s taken three attempts to get a returns label. I’m popping into a retail store this afternoon to hand the watch back, I’m sure they’ll tell me they can’t possibly accept the return as the purchase was done online, but I’m beyond caring right now.

I’ve screen captured my conversation with support (and the incorrect store page), I’ll capture this forum post and I’ll get the store assistant to sign something stating they will not accept the watch in the retail store… all evidence to support the fact that I have done my bit to return the watch. I will not be paying a penny for this device and three can come and collect it whenever they would like. Do yourself a favour if you’re thinking about getting an Apple Watch, buy direct from apple - it’s what I ended up doing.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kaizen84,

I'm sorry for the delay in picking your post up. We'll make sure that your feedback is passed on. What was the result of your trip to store, did you manage to get the return sorted out in the interim since you posted?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.