cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting a phone

moods
Active

My handset was stolen I reported to Police and wrote an email to Three with proof of purchase. They replied it is being looked in to by the relevant team. This morning I went on chat and the advisor said he has processed the blacklisting. It has been over 16 hours I checked on various online checkers and they all say the IMEI number is clean not black listed. What should I do?

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey, Moods. 

Gosh, I'm really sorry to hear that someone would do that to you. I hope you didn't lose anything that can't be recovered on the phone. 

For blacklisting a device, it can take up to 48 hours in some cases for the shared database to be updated to reflect this. This might be why you're not seeing the device show up yet. If you'd like to double check with the team just to make sure, please pop back through to us on chat again, we're always happy to help. 

Pete.

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey, Moods. 

Gosh, I'm really sorry to hear that someone would do that to you. I hope you didn't lose anything that can't be recovered on the phone. 

For blacklisting a device, it can take up to 48 hours in some cases for the shared database to be updated to reflect this. This might be why you're not seeing the device show up yet. If you'd like to double check with the team just to make sure, please pop back through to us on chat again, we're always happy to help. 

Pete.

moods
Active

Thanks Pete it has been sorted, now it shows as blacklisted.

Jaimemanchester
Regular

Hi how did you manage to get it blacklisted in the end

moods
Active

@Jaimemanchester wrote:

Hi how did you manage to get it blacklisted in the end

Hi Jammiemanchester yes it took 24 hours and it is blacklisted now. I am happy. Thanks!

SamB33863
Fledgling

Hi Pete, 

I have been waiting for over weeks for my phone to show up on this shared data base. 

It would be great if you can assist me with this as I have been tearing my hair out speaking with 20+ customer service advisors to no avail for getting this sorted. 

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best, 

Sam

moods
Active

Hi Sam,

Please try Three Live Chat that is quickest way , I got mine done in 24 hours. I  mean the blacklisting goes live after 24 hours.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SamB33863,

Our support teams have confirmed that all blacklisting requests are now reflecting on external databases. Please let me know if this has now been resolved for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.