cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty watch strap

Turpin
Active

Fed up with my galaxy 6 watch strap keep detaching its self from the watch all you get from three is contact samsung

Best solution
Best solution
garetc
Involved

How long have you had the watch @Turpin

Regardless of the manufacturers warranty Three are bound by the CRA 2015.

You purchased it from Three so they are liable, your contract is with them and not Samsung. Three should not be referring you or expecting you to contact Samsung if an item is defective.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Retailer or Internet Seller is responsible for any faulty goods and must repair or replace the product. If they do not, then you have the right to take it further with Trading Standards. The manufacturer has no responsibility for faulty goods sold to the public.

I suggest you write in and make a formal complaint, if you do not get a favourable response check out Citizen's advice and/or make a complaint to trading standards with copies of the emails/letters back from Three.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/our-work/citizens-advice-consumer-work/the-consumer-right...

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Out of curiosity have you called Samsung? Oh, you have, and they said call 3?

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Turpin 

We appreciate the frustration.

The reason that we'd ask for you to contact Samsung, is that as the manufacturer of the Watch, they can run some testing and provide a report on what the case of the fault is. Generally speaking, when still within the warranty period they can often repair/replace at the same time. 

They offer a free uplift service via their website: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

If the issue isn't covered within warranty, they will be able to advise on why in the report that is generated. 

Thank you

John D

Best solution
garetc
Involved

How long have you had the watch @Turpin

Regardless of the manufacturers warranty Three are bound by the CRA 2015.

You purchased it from Three so they are liable, your contract is with them and not Samsung. Three should not be referring you or expecting you to contact Samsung if an item is defective.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Retailer or Internet Seller is responsible for any faulty goods and must repair or replace the product. If they do not, then you have the right to take it further with Trading Standards. The manufacturer has no responsibility for faulty goods sold to the public.

I suggest you write in and make a formal complaint, if you do not get a favourable response check out Citizen's advice and/or make a complaint to trading standards with copies of the emails/letters back from Three.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/our-work/citizens-advice-consumer-work/the-consumer-right...

Turpin
Active

I bought the galaxy 6 watch 2 weeks ago

garetc
Involved

In that case they’re completely liable and shouldn’t be telling you to contact Samsung.

@JohnD surely someone in CS can help?