cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with transferring number

Afollowd
Fledgling

I have recently moved over from Vodafone to Three. I got my pac code and its all transfered over however, I've sent a message from my new phone and the responses from who I've messaged are going to my old phone even though it shows no network and my number has been transfered over? It's been well over 24hrs and I've been able to make calls and received calls/messages on my new phone, just certain messages are going to my old phone? 

Can anyone help

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Afollowd,

There's a couple of things that could be causing this.

It may be that some of your messages are being sent over data/Wi-Fi. This is usually called RCS, or sometimes chat, on Android, or iMessage for iPhones. If this is still going on, then you may need to switch off these services in the settings of the old phone.

Alternatively this may be an issue where your port hasn't completed fully. Very rarely there can be delays or issues in receiving files from the old provider, and this can result in some calls/messages going to the old SIM/Network in error.

Are you still running into issues with this now a few days have passed? If there's still any issues, let me know and I'll direct you to some more help with this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.