cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling on a Galaxy s24 Ultra

Bezman
Fledgling

Hi there,

I've just joined the Three family which I ported my number over from Sky mobile yesterday only because I can share my allowance with my Galaxy watch 6. So my general question is does wifi calling only work when you have a really poor network signal and does Volte stay turned on permanently because I don't have any options in settings for wifi calling and allowing Volte like I did have with Sky Mobile also are the wifi calling and volte icons at the top of the screen suppose to be there or not. I'm just wondering if something happened during the porting process and would a new sim help ??

Thank you for any advice you may give.

3 REPLIES 3
tarantella
Rising star

For some reason Three do not allow these options. When I moved to EE and O2 for a short time those options appeared,  and then when I came back to Three they disappeared again.

I use a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G bought directly from Three.

Bezman
Fledgling

Yes its strange ain't it but how do you know if the wifi calling and volte is working ?? does the wifi calling only kick in when you have a really bad network signal and is the volte on permanently ?? its just strange there is no way of knowing.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bezman,

That's right Wi-Fi calling only kicks in on Three when your signal drops below a certain threshold. You might be able to force this on your phone by switching airplane/flight mode on, then activating your Wi-Fi whilst on flight mode.

Wherever possible we set our carrier software to automatically enable 4G calling, so you may not see a toggle switch as per other networks. As 3G switch offs will be completing this year VoLTE/4G calling will become the default very soon.

If these features don't seem to be working, I'd recommend checking for software updates, and also try the checking the following places in case you do have a switch in settings for these features:

Android:
Settings > Network & Internet > SIMs > Tap preferred SIM > Tap 4G Calling to ON to enable

iPhone (iOS):
Settings > Mobile data > Mobile data Options > Voice & Data > Toggle VoLTE button to ON to enable (iOS)

Samsung:
Settings> Connections > Mobile Networks > Toggle VoLTE button to ON to enable

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.