cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I return my old phone (still have 11 months left on the contract) if I upgrade?

Micael
Fledgling

Hello,

I would love to upgrade my phone to a new one, I currently still have 11 months in my contract. 

Besides my Data plan, and insurance which I am happy to keep, will I have to carry on making payments for both phones, my old one and the upgrade? 

Am I able to hand in my old phone and dissolve that contract so I can just pay for my new phone?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Micael,

You have 14 days to contact us if you wanted to return a handset, so you would need to complete payments against the new handset now. (I'm assuming you mean 11 months left of a 24 month or longer repayment plan) One options is to look at trade in prices and if that would help pay off the handset early. Our partner for this is Three Recycle.

I'm assuming we're talking about a Three your Way plan where the device and airtime agreements are separate. My understanding is that you would pay an early upgrade fee against the airtime agreement if you haven't completed that minimum term yet, but that your device loan would roll over, and you can either keep paying that monthly, or make a partial or full resettlement.

On older plans such as Advanced plans, you just pay one monthly payment, so in that case you'd pay an Early Upgrade Fee, but once that was paid, you'd just have the new upgraded plan, so no costs relevant to the old phone at all.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.