Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Smart watches

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In 2022, keeping time simply isn’t enough. If your watch is smart enough it can do so much more, and many of us now include them in our everyday outfits.  

We'd love to know how your wearable tech helps you live your best life, or what's keeping you from joining the craze.

Is your smart watch an important tool for your health and wellbeing?
Or is it vital in keeping you connected on the go?

What's the next advancement you're hoping to see in the world of wearable tech?

Personally, I don’t love the constant presence of all my notifications as I spend enough time on my phone as it is! But maybe there’s a good way to balance it out. Let me know your tips for making the most of your smart watch and what you love about it. 

76 REPLIES 76
BeardyJim
Regular

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch, and find it useful primarily for keeping track of my steps etc, along with updating my music, and keeping an eye out for important notifications.

It actually helps me not use my phone as much, as knowing if something is important or not can save me having to look at my phone every 5 seconds.

Mk2301uk
Fledgling

I just find it odd talking into a watch!

Heather
Regular

I have an old apple watch (so old I can't upgrade the iOS anymore)

I love how it helps me see information on my wrist as I am disabled and chronically ill with chronic pain and chronic fatigue so where I can save time and effort is important.

I wish I had the fall detection and some other features I can't use as I don't have a later model which is a huge shame.

It is vital for me so if something happened, I could call from my wrist.

I just wish that because it is so old, I wish it had the latest iOS but sadly being a apple watch 2 from many years ago, it is just too old so lacks many of the features I really could use being disabled.

Clever-Trevor
Involved

I have Apple Watch 4 - just added Three e-sim & is great - enable me to take watch & not phone out - so far working great - ( it took Three a long time to adopt e-sim for Apple Watch ) - but is working great 👍

SamoanEll
Fledgling

How can I get a 3 sim for my watch?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey SamoanEll,

Welcome to the community! Here's some more info on how to get your existing smartwatch set up on your Three account: Bring your Apple Watch to Three | Three

Dudley21
Fledgling

Hi Mate

• how did you go about adding the esim , I was supposedly set on Saturday just gone said around 30 min to pair Watch to phone 24 hrs later no joy told to go into my local store ? . 
    my watch is a series 4 cellular , on the 3 website it says series five and above are compatable because they have the esim built in , any advice would be appreciated..

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Dudley21,

Welcome to the Three Community. We've identified that the series 3 onwards should be compatible. We're getting the web page in question corrected, thanks for calling this out.

Are you still waiting for your smartwatch to pair up?

JonathanB

Dudley21
Fledgling

Hi there

i cancelled the Watch contract as a result of the advice on the website . 
I will upgrade my watch at some point and try again .

Thanks for the reply …