cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Smart watches

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In 2022, keeping time simply isn’t enough. If your watch is smart enough it can do so much more, and many of us now include them in our everyday outfits.  

We'd love to know how your wearable tech helps you live your best life, or what's keeping you from joining the craze.

Is your smart watch an important tool for your health and wellbeing?
Or is it vital in keeping you connected on the go?

What's the next advancement you're hoping to see in the world of wearable tech?

Personally, I don’t love the constant presence of all my notifications as I spend enough time on my phone as it is! But maybe there’s a good way to balance it out. Let me know your tips for making the most of your smart watch and what you love about it. 

76 REPLIES 76
Gary
Involved

Can you reply please with info on pairing Apple Watch 8 to phone and when it will work I keep asking please 

Tinkerbell01
Fledgling

I have a Fitbit. It’s great for keeping track of my steps and it motivates me to move more. I’d love an Apple Watch as it has more features than my Fitbit. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

The new features just keep getting more and more interesting, don't they? 😊 What Apple features are you most interested in, Tinkerbell01?

Smurf
Fledgling

Love my iwatch saves having my phone on me while gardening etc and can take calls, also great for fitness tracking 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Nobody wants soil in their charging port, Smurf, sounds very sensible to keep your phone indoors! You seem to have found the perfect balance of connectivity and getting back to nature 😊🌻

SaruTheKelpien1
Regular

I have a Apple Watch series 3 and that battery lasts all day and I love my Watch 

StephR
Employee
Employee

We love an all day battery 🙌 

Debbielegs
Regular

I got the smart watch free when I upgraded my phone to the Samsung galaxy flip3, I love it its like having ur phone on ur wrist. But the distance for connection is 😞 but I can keep track of everything on my phone on my arm so if I go downstairs and forget my phone I can still answer calls or messages. I've got pics of my grandchildren and my partner on there too. I just haven't figured out how to use it to pay for my shopping

StephR
Employee
Employee

That's such a good shout, Debbie, I'm forever looking around to remember where I've left my phone 😑 A smartwatch would solve that problem!

You should find more details about setting up Samsung Pay on your smartwatch here

Arron
Fledgling

I use my watch ever day and it handy as if I get text I don't have to pull my phone to look at it and if iam out on my motorbike I can just have a quick look at my watch if some ones calling me and check the time on long trips and using some apps can even track my trip I think smart watches are getting better with the new app that are being made for them