cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 network not available since returning from Europe

Foxholes
Fledgling

Myself, my wife and son went travelling around Europe in August for a couple of weeks. We are all on the 3 network, and roaming worked absolutely fine.

Since returning, my son's phone (Galaxy S22 Plus) has no signal on the 3 network. He did install an eSim when he was out there (to get more data), but nothing else apart from that. My own phone, and my wife's, are working as normal.

We've just done a complete reset of the S22, and upon rebooting it showed a screen stating "Activate device. The SIM card doesn't match the service provider set for this phone. Some features may not work as expected."  I skipped this message and continued to set up the phone as normal, downloading any available software updates.

The device connects to Wifi, and when connected I can send texts / make calls using Wifi calling on his number without any problems. Hi SIM also works fine in another device (an iPhone).

I've just put my own 3 SIM into his mobile, and I'm getting the same problem; a 'no-entry' sign in the top-right of the display where you would normally see the network bars and 4G/5G, and emergency calls only.

When I scan for available networks, it presents me with a list for "Vodafone / EE / O2 - UK", but 3UK is nowhere to be seen.

I'm just waiting to get hold of an O2 SIM so I can try that, but am I right in thinking that this looks like a device issue as opposed to a network one? If so, has anyone experience this and managed to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Foxholes
Fledgling

Update: I've just inserted an O2 SIM, and the O2 network came up straight away on the device.

So it seems it's not a device issue, but just that no 3UK SIMs will register using the device (I've tried 3 x 3UK SIMs so far, and all fail, yet work in other devices).

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Please ask him to remove the other SIM, then activate/enable the Three SIM in settings if it's not active already. Once that's done, complete a network reset of the phone within the settings. Hopefully that will sort things out. 

On the S22, you should be able to do that by going to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings, then just confirm, and enter your pin if it asks for one. You may need to restart after that's done. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.