Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming not working (calls and texts are)

Benraygrogan
Fledgling

Data roaming has not been working on my phone (Galaxy S20 5G) for over a year now. I get no data connection at all, no data icon on the top bar or anything. Texts and calls still work, but not data.

I've done all the standard things (make sure I have a data passport, make sure roaming is enabled on my phone, restart the phone, remove spending cap) but nothing has worked. 

Weirdly my phone's system's "roaming data usage" graph shows data use occurring during periods when I definitely wasn't abroad but I don't know if that would be connected.

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That's not so good. It sounds like you've already checked most, if not all of the things that would normally prevent it from working. 

I'm not really sure what else you could do to try and sort it, it might be worth trying to Reset the Network settings on the device, this will ensure the device is using the completely default version of the carrier settings with no changes. 

Outside of that, all I can suggest is to reach out to the team on one of the contact options here in order to have them review the account and make sure there isn't anything on there that would be impacting your ability to use data while roaming. 

Pete.

Kenz78
Fledgling

I am getting tired of reading all these posts about roaming not working and yet no concrete solution from Three.

I experienced the same issue while in Italy last week and so have countless of others and the solution you keep giving and question are just beyond a joke. If you are a traveller of course you know to make sure the data roaming is on like that is so basic a child knows that! Reseting mobile date, restarting the phone, reinsering the sim yes yes yes 

The issue after my own research is to do with the APN settings which are locked or disable on most phone. If I know that is the issue Three so called support team should know that!! 

So please can Three please give us the customer a concrete solution or fix the issue please. I spent 6 days in Italy that were ruined by the fact I could not use my phone. I could not use maps, I could not get in touch with friends or family and I had to constantly ask for WiFi because that was my only solution.

Three fix this issue or give a concrete solution and no please no more private messaging to individuals. Just put out a response and solution that will help everyone.

@Benraygrogan was your issue resolved?

Wandidi
Fledgling

I arrive Italy today, my 3 Day Go Roaming Pass - EU does not work as well. Only showing 3G but no internet connection.  Can receive text message about Rate Advice.  Live chat with CS via hotel wifi but no luck, still no internet connection. Frustrating.