cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal in SG19

Lm350xl
Fledgling

I won't put my full postcode for privacy reasons, but I am disappointed that Three claims to have such wide network coverage yet it is very weak in some areas like mine, my work phone uses EE and has nearly full 4G coverage in my rural area, but with my Three Sim it barely gets 1 bar 4G and usually H+ which is slow! With prices of plans having increased I would expect to see more investment from Three in their network. As others rightly said, the 5G offering in London is quite poor as well, for being the Capital of England you'd expect 5G all over central London but it's far from being the case!

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

Sometimes it is difficult for the network to justify either improving a tower in a low usage area or building a tower to improve on the signal strength and data speed. I live in a rural area and EE and O2 have better coverage than 3 and Vodafone. 3 are the cheapest of the lot so I can't win every time.

5g minimum speed is rumoured to be 100meg which is slower than a fast 4g connection. I expect part of the problem is whether the networks can install capacity as fast as demand rises.

I used to work in the radio industry and my technical director pointed out the bars of signal strength is a few lines of software code. When we were testing a new radio design the power at maximum only showed 3 out of 4 bars so the software engineer made the necessary change to the code.