Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some incoming calls not ringing or showing as missed but caller hears ringtone.

digitaltoast
Regular

Had a couple of instances in the last 2 weeks where I get a text notification notification that there's a voicemail, and when I call back the caller tells me it "rang a few times and then went to voicemail".

The phone has been on, right next to me, not in Do Not Disturb and not on silent, and not showing any missed calls. Full signal strength and the number is not blocked either.

This only seems to happen to calls which have come from call centres (ie: VOIP), not regular numbers.

Anyone else having this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

I’ve had this on two occasions. Both time it was my wife calling me (she’s not with Three),and I had the same experience as you. It wasn’t a signal issue as I was at home using WiFi calling. This was a couple of weeks ago and I’ve not had it happen since so I thought it was a one off (or two off) if you get my meaning. 

digitaltoast
Regular

Ah, I think mine might have been on wi-fi calling too, but I can't be sure as it seems to switch between the two, but wifi calling is certainly enabled.

Thanks for confirming that it's definitely "a thing" and it's not just happening to me!

Paddiewack
Superstar

It’s definitely “a thing”! Always good to know it’s not just you (or me) lol. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @digitaltoast,

It's not an issue I'm familiar with. My first thought was that Do Not Disturb can cause a similar result, but you've already covered that.

It may help to narrow down if the issue seems to be following your account/SIM, or seems to be a device settings/software issue. Do you have any alternative SIM or phone so you can test your Three SIM in a different phone, and another SIM with the same phone?

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!