cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three PAC to EE encountered problems....

LJones76
Fledgling

I received a PAC code from Three to give to EE. I tried to access the EE online form and the PAC from Three isn't matching the first 3 letters on the form. In addition, when contacting EE I was told that they've encountered problems trying to port my Three number across. I've been told not to contact EE and they will contact me today, but not sure if the issue is with Three or with EE. Has anybody else experienced this or something similar? 

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

No! In a word. Suggest you contact THREE customer service to check the status of your number port.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LJones76,

Generally porting issues are handled by the receiving network. We did change the letters in our PACs but this was in connection with the system updates we've been making throughout the year so the new format of PAC has been getting used in tandem with the old one since January without any issues reported that I'm aware of. All major networks use multiple PAC prefixes, for example to distinguish business and personal customers, or direct customers from MVNOs like Smarty, ID etc.

It's difficult to tell what the issue may be with the available info. If the PAC had somehow already been claimed, or cancelled in error before it was claimed, then I expect their system would give an error to confirm that, so I doubt they'd need time to look into the situation.

The only thing that customer services can do in this situation is cancel your PAC and reissue a new one, so you may be best to allow EE till at least the timeframe they've agreed to get back in touch within. If you don't hear anything back please let me know though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.