Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground wifi

Tuns
Fledgling

I am unable to connect to Wi-Fi on underground I am using iphone11 pro

5 REPLIES 5
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tuns 

Hope you're well! When you say 'underground WiFi' is this regarding the London Underground network?

Thanks,

LeeT
Employee - Retail

KP
Fledgling

I tried using three WiFi underground but I cannot locate the three WiFi ssid. 

I called three and was told to direct My matter online on your website which is not helpful. 

I pay a lot of money monthly for services I cannot use which is swaying me to terminate my contract..

The problemni have is I am at tube station I search for three WiFi ssid and there is only three WiFi?? Ifbi go into three WiFi it asked me for password etc which I do not  have login details for the WiFi.  No one on call center can help me .. help help help

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KP,

I'll do my best to help. SSID just means the ID/name of a Wi-Fi network, so you won't actually see this part displayed on your phone screen. "Three_WiFi" is the name of the SSID/WiFi you would connect to, hope this clears that part up.

There's a couple of other steps on our website for how to connect. Here's the page with instructions for connecting to Three Wi-Fi on London Underground. Try the steps for Android or iOS depending on your phone, and please let me know if you're still running into any issues. If you follow the instructions, it should bypass the need for a password.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

WanSteg
Fledgling

Hello, I'm having the same issue not being able to connect to the WiFi in the underground.

The Three website states:

Turn on Wi-Fi > Select THREE_WIFI > Set ‘access method’ to EAP > Set ‘EAP method’ to SIM

However when selecting the THREE_WIFI, the settings I see are:

"EAP Method" (and in there I can select SIM or PEAP) and then "Phase 2 Authentication". I've tried all the different combination of the two but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for your help!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WanSteg,

I'll do my best to help. What model of phone are you using? Have you checked your software is fully up to date? Have you tried this and ran into these issues in multiple stations?

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!