cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM

GW
Active

Hi. 
I currently have a Three eSIM in my iPhone 12. However, I’ve just purchased a new iPhone 13 and I’m looking to transfer my existing eSIM number over to my new handset. 
I’ve spoken to Three customer services to request a eSIM, but they tell me it’s not possible to get a replacement, even though Three’s website states it is. 
Can I reuse the original eSIM QR code on my new handset?

Thanks

Best solution
Best solution
GW
Active

My new eSIM arrived, and after a frustrating phone call with Three CS (who still denied that Three offer eSIM’s) it is now working correctly.

However, the customer service team definitely need some education as to eSIM availability to existing customers. 

Many thanks for all the input and assistance.

View solution in conversation

14 REPLIES 14
MZone
Maestro

Yeah three’s website says if you change phone you need to request a new eSIM so yeah not very black and white if CS have told you to use your existing QR code. I guess you can try scanning the old QR code on the new phone to see if it works but don’t delete you eSIM off your old phone unless it does transfer over. 

GW
Active

Hi. Thanks for responding. I’ve had that many issues over the years with customer services not giving the correct information, I’m reluctant as to what to do. But I think I’ll try your advice and see how I get on. I’ll let you know later. 
many thanks. 

GW
Active

I tried to use the original QR code but it’s said it’s “no longer valid”

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement eSIM? I use two SIM cards, one for personal and one for business and I don’t want to carry two phones. 

MZone
Maestro

Contact customer services and point them in the direction of the guidance that 3 quite clearly state on their website. If not ask to speak to a manager. Worse case order a replacement physical SIM or go into a 3 store to get one. Maybe you were just unlucky with the CS agent you spoke with. Frustrating I know. Maybe reach out on Twitter too if you have that as they have better support agents picking up issues on there or DM one of the mods on here. 

GW
Active

Hi. I’ve followed your advice and spoke with another CS advisor. Initially they gave me the same story that Three don’t supply eSIM’s, I then directed him you Three’s website, and after placing me on hold for an age, came back and advised me that a new eSIM will be with me within 3 days???

Thanks for your assistance, I’ll keep you updated. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @GW 

If you were part of our original eSIM trial, then we certainly can provide you with a replacement. I'm really sorry this proved to be so difficult to obtain and that information you were initially given over the phone was incorrect.

I've flagged this up for review, and it's something we'll keep an eye on was we move closer to launching eSIM in full this year. 

Let us know if you have any issues with your replacement, or if you've any other questions.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

GW
Active

Hi. Many thanks for your reply. My new eSIM arrived today. I’ve deleted the original one on my old handset and installed the new one on my new handset. 

However, after waiting for it to activate, an error message has now come up saying it’s “Unable to activate” please contact customer services. 

GW
Active

Update: Ive just spoken with Three CS, they claim I have to wait two hours before it will start working. Unfortunately, from previous experience, I don’t believe them. 

I’ll report back later with an update. 

Best solution
GW
Active

My new eSIM arrived, and after a frustrating phone call with Three CS (who still denied that Three offer eSIM’s) it is now working correctly.

However, the customer service team definitely need some education as to eSIM availability to existing customers. 

Many thanks for all the input and assistance.