cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12GB Fair Usage Limit - Data Roaming

DPJ
Regular

My wife and I spent 3 days driving to Italy from the UK. I'd bought a 14 day data passport for £20 to save on the £2 per day roaming charge. My wife hadn't been able to register on the Three app. 

On the third day we both got a text saying we'd exceeded the 12GB fair usage cap. My phone said I'd used far less but I turned data roaming off as the text said I was being charged 17p per mb for excess usage 

This morning, I went through the 3 app and added up all the offending usage. It came to 

1228903 kB, which by my reckoning is less than 1.3 GB. 
So has 3's warning system wrong by a decimal place ????
5 REPLIES 5
MRDB90
Active

Seems to be an on-going issue, lots of people reporting getting the same text after using very little internet when roaming . My partner visted Spain last month visiting family and was using the internet on the coach from the airport to destination and got a text saying had used 80% of allowance ( it’s an half hour bus journey ). Maybe it’s a problem 3 are unaware of? @DanC 

Boingball
Fledgling

I just got the same problem. Phone turned on, within 30 mins I’ve got a text saying I’ve used 80% - I looked a google maps and sent a what’s app picture. I’m assuming something is way off the calculations. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for any disruption this caused. The issue that caused this should now be fixed, but please let me know if you receive any other notifications that don't look right, or if your bills don't look correct after any recent trips.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DPJ
Regular

Hi Jonathan,

Good to see that the issue is fixed, just such a shame it's the first acknowledgment of a problem after over two months! The issue caused my wife and me considerable consternation since we are so reliant on our phones while traveling. At the time we phoned the helpdesk to be informed 'we should buy local sim cards'. In this day and age, I think that's a totally unacceptable response from a company that purports to care about its customers. Online banking is reliant on the phone being registered with the bank, so a change of  sim would make the bank account unusable!

fxrisb
Fledgling

Hello,

I have just been abroad to Germany and have had the same problem aswell. After a day of using my data, it had told me I had used 80%, although I can still use the data , it is abit off putting. Hoping you can permanently fix this issue.