cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband - Changing Direct Debit date?

divinena
Fledgling

Hello I am broadband customer and i’ve been with three for over half a year, I was wondering if there’s anyway to change the direct debit date without having to call them/ chat to them. via the computer online, or through the app, how is this possible- if it is.

I always disconnect from live chat and sometimes to wait to get through the phone it’s difficult and to catch them before close- since there’s no support email it’s hard for me to get in touch with them. Would greatly appreciate if someone can take time to answer and/or explain. 

Ive paid the bill today (it went through) so nothing is due so it should be an option surely? 

Thank you, 

A

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be very wrong here so please double check. My understanding is you can’t change the direct debit date;only the bank details. When your contract commenced you were put on a payment cycle and there you’ll remain. I emphasise this is only my understanding because I’ve never sought to change my date and it’s based on reading the terms and conditions. Best to check with customer service. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

You can change the date that payment is taken. The option used to be in the My3 app but, due to the brains behind it, the option seems to have been removed. You will have to call customer services, or chat  and ask them to do it. Circumstances change and it would be ridiculous for a company not to allow payment dates to be changed.

sc1999
Local celebrity

A quick PS: 3 may have removed the option from the web and app as they are still busy tidying up the mess made by their system upgrade.