cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband bill scam

Stevetrow
Fledgling
  • I’m a broadband customer who’s been hit by a third party payment scam. Noticed it a couple of months ago. I get charged £4.50 per week by a company called Artiq BV. Anyone else had an issue? 
4 REPLIES 4
Stevetrow
Fledgling

Thanks. I found that too. Told 3 about it. They say they’re looking into it. Wanted me to phone the company myself!! 

5G-BB
Fledgling

I have also had £67 of £4.50 charges added to my 5G Broadband Service from Artiq & Zimiq.  

This looks to be a scam loophole that Three should plug.

So far Three Support have been useless.

5G-BB
Fledgling

I called the Artiq BV helpline (03333131614) and spoke to Marta and said that I was calling regarding unauthorised charges being made to my Three 5G Account.  She asked for the mobile number, which I supplied and then she confirmed that all charges had now been stopped.

I said that I wanted the £67.50 that had been charged to be refunded, she put me on hold and then came back on the line to say that they could refund £18.

I said that was unacceptable as I had not consented to the charges and the law required them to prove consent.

She then said OK, we’ll refund all the charges, do you want that by paypal or by bank transfer, which could take up to 30 days.

So a good outcome for me (hopefully) but it’s a real concern that this was able to happen in the first place and it appears that BT, EE & Voda have disabled the service but that Three has not and is making 30% on the scam payments being taken from trusted customers.