cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 3 following upgrade

DA
Fledgling

Hello, I upgraded my phone with 3 this morning.  This afternoon I have received a call regarding potential fraud.  It is possible i misheard, but i am wondering if it is indeed 3 checking that it was me that upgraded and nothing dodgy has happened.   

Edited to say the number that called is 0333 338 1040

i have also received 2 text messages from 3 saying if i hadn't placed the order to ring them asap.  

has anyone else had this please?

4 REPLIES 4
LP
Fledgling

I’ve just had the same call from the same number. When they asked how much I was going to be paying monthly for my upgrade I thought something was off. I said that I wasn’t comfortable sharing that information as I was unsure she was actually calling from Three. I’ve now received a text from ‘Three Uk’ which doesn’t make sense. All previous three text messages have come through from ‘From Three’. I feel that this was 100% a scam 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Three complete checks with some orders, part of that process is contacting the customer back on the phone number on the account and verifying if the order was indeed placed by them. 

The number you've noted is a Three number. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

nicki7678
Fledgling

hi, i have also done an upgrade with the number 03333381040. i called 333 and asked to confirm a name, and to be called back. the name i recieved was abishiek (?) and was called back by abishiek from 333 on 03333381040. he tried to use voice banking (?) to place my order and i was told to say my card number and sort code. i was texted by my bank asking if i made the purchase, and texted by a random landline asking if i made a payment..

Kiminijane
Fledgling

I got a call this morning from this number - 0333 338 1040 - and it felt really off.

If it is indeed Three they need to work on their customer service and approach style because I took the call and immediately believed it to be fraud. Everything that’s put out by our banks and by three themselves tends to indicate not to take calls that make you feel uncomfortable or share information that you shouldn’t over the phone, it needs to be better.