Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Three Cancel My Contract?

Madmountainman
Fledgling

I have one of the older sim only contracts with the worldwide roaming included and i've been on a rolling monthly contract since the fixed term ended last year.

According to Martin Lewis and other conversations on here, I should be able to keep my old Plan with those roaming rights.

However, I've been contacted by Three who have told me they are cancelling my contract and putting me on a more expensive Plan with the new style go roam plans.

My question is, are Three allowed to terminate my current Plan and put me on to an inferior one?

4 REPLIES 4
Clever-Trevor
Involved

As you are out of contract, I would say yes they are ( had you extended at contract end then they would not ).

You can ofcourse get a PAC code & move or contact Three to see if they will offer better, as I found this works.

Good Luck 

Madmountainman
Fledgling

According to my contract, when it came to an end all I had to do was nothing and I would be automatically placed on a rolling one month contract and maintain the same Plan.

The following is a quote from Three to another customer about the very same thing, which is why I have raised the question.

"Go Roam is changing for new contracts/upgrades. There is a £2 daily roaming charge to unlock your UK allowances for 24 hours in Go Roam in Europe destinations and a £5 daily charge in Go Roam Around the World destinations. There is no daily charge if you choose to stay on your plan after your current contract ends. Go Roam use in the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man is excluded from the daily charge. Our fair use policies apply in Go Roam destinations. See www.three.co.uk/priceguide for full details."

Are they cancelling your contract?? If so you'd be due a refund for your part in the contract. 

That's quite different to them choosing not to renew your contract for the next month which they're entitled to do as next months contract doesn't yet exist, so there's nothing to cancel.

Hyper3232
Fledgling

I am in the same boat. I am on the Advanced Sim only 8GB Data Unlimited Minutes. I have received an email to say Three are switching me to a monthly contract. I also loose the Roaming rights (and data usage). Forcing me to the more expensive plan, also I don't need Paramount+

Three was always good value (this is why many people joined).

Also what is with the price increase of CPI + 3.9%, this is an increase above inflation.