cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make regular device overpayments?

stubbsey
Fledgling

I've recently upgrade 2 of the 3 handset contracts and I have moved from the legacy contracts (1 payment) to the new device and airtime payments (2 payments per contract). I was wondering as I've come across a webpage from Three that states you can make a payment at anytime by providing a bank transfer. Three bank account were listed and stated that you added your account number as reference. The question is- is this just for the purpose of clearing the account in one payment or can i make for arguments sake £10 a week over payment to gradually reduce the handset charge and re pay the handset earlier than the agreed term?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have a handset from Three but do have a sim only contract and I regularly make ad hoc payments towards my monthly bills. So much so that at the moment I’m £45 in credit so this months direct debit will be zero.  I cant think you wouldn’t be able to do the same with your device account. I realise this doesn’t exactly answer your question but I hope it helps. Contact customer service if you need further guidance

sc1999
Local celebrity

The handset element is an interest free loan. I am not sure how, or if, 3's system would allocate overpayments to the handset element. I am assuming that you only make one payment per month not two. If it's 2 then it would be easy to overpay the handset element assuming 3 agree. You need to contact customer services but I will offer odds that they won't have a clue.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stubbsey,

You should be able to make overpayments as a partial settlement, but we'd recommend getting in touch with customer services to do so, just so you can make certain this is allocated properly as a reduction to your remaining monthly Direct Debits.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here