cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling voicemail diverts

Mr_R
Fledgling

Hi All,

So I’ve ported three numbers across to Three pay as you go. Basically want the opportunity to ‘test drive’ the Three coverage in my area before committing to a two year contract. 

So I contracted Three this morning and asked them to remove the voicemail service from the lines. They have told me it’s done but the diverts are still in place (to +44 7782 333123). So the calls still transfer, just the callers hear silence rather than the voicemail prompts. 

Anyone know what I need to do to get these diverts removed. I want callers to hear the switched off message when the line is off and it to ring out if I don’t answer. 

Other networks make this easy… sure I’m just missing something here. 

6 REPLIES 6
MZone
Superstar

There should be options in your phone settings to cancel the diverts?

Mr_R
Fledgling

Three don’t allow you to cancel diverts through the phone menu or GSM codes.

It’s Three who need to deactivate them

MZone
Superstar

You’ll have to speak to CS then I’m afraid as nothing on the website to guide you. 

Mr_R
Fledgling

I did through chat. They’ve stopped the voicemail but left the diverts in place. So calls are diverted to silence now…. I’ll try again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn your phone (s) off and then on again to refresh your network settings.

Mr_R
Fledgling

No, that’s not it.

I did chat with them again through the complaints option. The agent there didn’t understand the ask and actually reactivated the greeting but did tell me it’d be off in a few minutes. Then in a few hours. Basically being fobbed off.

Not a great starting experience but this is the whole point of taking a test run with Three. I’d be more grumpy if I’d committed myself already to a two year deal.

But I’m going to just send this to them on an email. I’ve already wasted enough time and effort on what should be a simple ask. Sure once this is sorted, the experience will be smoother.