cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an account without 2 factor authentication?

Flyingfemme
Fledgling

I am my Mother's guardian and deal with all her affairs. I set her up with a 3 sim 18 months ago and I administer it. When she became unable to use any sort of mobile phone I fixed her up with a mobile router and "landline phone" she could manage so that family can call her at her care home (landlines are not feasible in most care situations). The new 3 website requires new registration which I cannot do because I do not have access to her sim (she is over 150 miles away) and it isn't in a mobile anyway. Likewise talking to anyone on the phone. I need to get access to the billing and to switch off voicemail - which she cannot manage.

I have spent several hours on the phone trying to talk to somebody but am blocked at every step and the only actual person I did manage to speak to told me that somebody else was authorised on the account but not me! I was there when it was set up and I have the original paperwork....... Apart from cancelling the direct debit, what can I do? I cannot be the only person who looks after somebody vulnerable and incapable. The help facility mentions that they can set up an alternative mobile number as 2 factor security for broadband only customers - so it is technically possible and they could use my number (not 3). The customer details they have are out of date because my mother is now in a care home so they could not write to her and refuse to speak to me. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flyingfemme,

We have a Customer Wellness Team who can help with accessibility and vulnerability situations. I think they'll probably be best placed to assist here. They still have to follow verification processes but if you've got documentation of your Guardianship, or Power of Attorney, they should be able to help get you access to make the necessary changes.

Our accessibility page has options to call, chat, or email them. Hope this helps.

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Flyingfemme
Fledgling

Thanks, Jonathon. I have done that quite a while ago. But they are not answering my emails and it doesn't get me online access. It is a basic right of any customer to see what they are being billed! All I got previously was an offer to cancel the account without penalty. My Mother doesn't want to lose her number because that is what everyone has for her and we need her to have an account with somebody.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flyingfemme,

I'll do my best to get this checked out for you. I've sent a PM asking for some info to help with this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.