cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carsuk debt recovery for £33

scottfitz
Fledgling

I have been contacted by this debt recovery firm to recover £33. You have no idea how angry I am about this. I've been a customer for years, how is this even possible, what an absolute JOKE

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Do you owe £33 or is this a con to get you to pay the money. Ask for full details and then contact 3.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @scottfitz,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been contacted by CARS, this doesn't mean that a debt has been sold to them, generally they help us in cases where smaller balances are overdue, but we've not been able to contact our customers, or we've been unable to establish a payment arrangement for the balance.

Generally, if CARS are involved, the account in question hasn't been closed but will have missed payments. If this has been a mistake and there isn't an overdue balance, then I'm sure we can clear this up. Is the £33 a balance you were aware of before they got in touch, can you help me understand this a bit better?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

scottfitz
Fledgling

What must have happened is my bank card expired and Three haven't been able to collect their money. However I do not expect to be contacted by a debt collection service. What I hope is to be contacted by Three and I will be able to give new card details. I absolutely refuse to have any dealings whatsoever with a debt recovery company for £33. It is impossible for me to login to my Three account to clear this up because the text message verification code will not appear on my phone. 

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Ah ok, thanks for the confirmation. 

Generally, there would be contact attempted prior to things proceeding. We'd suggest contacting the team directly on 0333 338 1031. You can call this number from any UK mobile or landline. 

They'll be able to help get this sorted and the info updated. 

Thanks

John D