cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband account suspended

Dons2304
Fledgling

Due to an oversight on my part I missed a few payments without realising. I only found out about it when I received an email from the debt recovery company. I paid the outstanding amount immediately but it was still showing as owing on my account. I have now paid the debt again, with the theory that I will be in credit for the next couple of months, and set up a direct debit. My account is still showing as suspended, how long does it take once payment has been made to unsuspend the account?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dons2304,

The payment to the agency may take up to 5 working days reflect. If the 2nd payment was direct to us by card then it should usually show almost immediately, and certainly within 24 hours. The account should unsuspend within 24 hours too.

Let me know if this is still not sorted in the next day or so. if you're okay with being in credit that's fine, but you are entitled to a refund of any overpayment, once both payments clear and reflect on the account we can get one of these returned.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Chucknwobu
Fledgling

Hello Jonathan,

I don't know if you could help me. 

I travelled with the 3 network (Pay as you go) to the USA. I was roaming for with the 12G. I realised that my limit was over. I bought extra data to cover this through WiFi connection as it happened when I was out with friends. 

Payment went through from my three account as I had funds there. I then noticed my account has been suspended. 

I couldn't use uber or roam again in the USA. Had to buy a local sim. The issue has not been resolved. Chatted with some online customer service. Wasn't helpful as the person stated that the account is under investigation??? 

I explained I just try to replenish my 12G?? Then they suspended me. I need help. 

Charles 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chucknwobu,

I'll do my best to help. The 12GB is a monthly fair use limit though. Just to clarify did the 30 days for your 12GB expire, or are you trying to add more data before the first 30 days has elapsed?

If you've used the 12GB and it's been less than 30 days, you'll be able to use the service for calls and texts, but you'll need to use the local SIM, or Wi-Fi, and wait till you can start your next monthly data pack.

When you say "under investigation" have you been using the SIM abroad for multiple months already? Did the team advise they'd ask for you to be reconnected, or direct you to another team?

Thanks.
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.