cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for service i dont use.

Lizbif
Fledgling

Sorry for the long winded message please bare with me. I took out a monthly contract with Affordable mobiles in March this year. Handset was from them with Sim from Three. I contacted Three for Puk (pac) not sure! To keep my number.

After receiving my handset I realised it was much smaller than expected and decided to return the handset during cooling off period & informed Three to stop puk code as I wasn't keeping the contract.

Affordable mobiles recieved handset & informed me to destroy sim card as no point returning to then as it would be invalid with no use. Three never stopped the switch over of phone number..so for 9 months I'm being charged £35 for a handset & sim i do not own or ever used! 

They said they activated the switch & wont cancel contract. I have 5 markers against my credit score regarding this matter as I refuse to pay for something I do not own & through no fault of my own a service that is still active with no use of this what so ever. I desperately need help with this. Citizens advice will be my next move to help as I'm struggling.

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It sounds like you've had a poor experience while dealing with the new contract, but it also sounds like there's been some kind of misunderstanding. 

Since you took the contract from Affordable Mobiles, you rightly returned the device to them. It's also their responsibility to close down your account. The team here wouldn't be able to do that since they have no way of knowing if the return has been completed. If that account is still running, I'd recommend getting back in touch with Affordable Mobiles and asking them to contact their Three Dealer support line and notifying us of the return and cancellation. They should be ensuring that the cancellation request they send us is a 14 day money back guarantee as well, as this is the type of return you originally requested. (Based on what I've understood from your description).

Once that account is closed, the team should be able to arrange to get the number moved onto another account, or a PAC for it if you're moving it elsewhere. 

If you can start by getting in touch with Affordable Mobiles first, and taking care of that part, then come back here to confirm how it has gone, we can move onto looking into some of the other concerns that have arisen because of the issue. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Roy
Fledgling

I ordered a new honor magic vs. And they sent me a used one