cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complimentary Motorola Moto G04

aidyraff
Fledgling

I received a text message from Three offering the following: 

"As a valued customer, we want to ensure you stay connected once our 3G network shuts down in your area from September 2024. You can request a complimentary Motorola Moto G04 by completing our online form by 16.08.24 - 3.uk/ag93d1. Once you receive your phone, just pop in your existing SIM. You'll continue to pay your usual monthly charge, there are no changes to your plan or terms. Any questions, contact us on 0800 033 8031."

The link in that message takes me to the actual Three website with a valid security certificate. 

Is the offer genuine?

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

Yes, there have been emails sent out to impacted customers so that they can get onto a 4G device before the 3G services go away. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

Yes, there have been emails sent out to impacted customers so that they can get onto a 4G device before the 3G services go away. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Well done, Three : excellent idea !

ezra2k1
Fledgling

This is a ruse to get persons to PAY and upgrade. A dirty, underhand and unethical trick. Bad practice.

If you go to the site you will find a message saying that the page has been "moved or deleted". Call them and you will be told that you should have applied by 9th August 2024, when quite clearly the closing date was 16th August 2024.

GarryT13
Fledgling

I also got this message but can’t find the online form? Can anyone help please

ezra2k1
Fledgling

Hi there,

After trying ever facet and aspect to access this form, I finally phoned the number provided in the message - 0800 033 8031. The call handler told me that the "terms and conditions" state that online form had to be completed by 9th August 2024. I insisted that the message read "You can request a complimentary Motorola Moto G04 by completing our online form by 16.08.24 - 3.uk/ag93d1."

I asked for the matter to be escalated. I was transferred an empathetic call handler called Evalin, who despite wanting to help kept repeating the same mantra regarding the "terms and conditions", should have applied by the 9th August.  I pointed out the factual evidence. The text stated the 'apply by' date is the 16th August.  Furthermore, I had only received the text on the 9th August, and in that context, it would be UNREASONABLE to expect customers to apply within that short space of time. Faced with the continual repetition, I made a COMPLAINT.

Today I received the following response:

Hi there,

We wanted to get in touch as we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint 240812102590775. We've done everything in our power to sort it, so your complaint has now been closed.

If you choose, you can refer your complaint to the Communications Ombudsman – an independent, free-of-charge dispute resolution scheme.

Here's how to contact them:

PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

commsombudsman.org

Phone
0330 440 1614

The Communications Ombudsman may decide your complaint isn’t something that they’re able to deal with. But if that's the case, they’ll tell you and explain why.

We’re sorry that we haven’t been able to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,

The Three Team

Please don't reply to this message. For ways to contact us, visit three.co.uk/contact-us

© Hutchison 3G UK Limited is a member of CK Hutchison Holdings Group

Registered Office: 450 Longwater Avenue, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6GF

Authorised and Regulated, for consumer credit, Financial Conduct Authority (No. 738979)

Registered Number: 03885486 England and Wales

ezra2k1
Fledgling

Try again, the page is back on. 3.uk/ag93d1 

After my angst of yesterday, and following my complaint to, and response by 3;

I have today successfully completed an on-line application.

MZone
Maestro

Yes this is legit. It’s because your phone probably doesn’t support 4G calling which you will need once 3G is switched off in your area. 

ezra2k1
Fledgling

Are  they legally and ethically obliged to provide a continued service?

ezra2k1
Fledgling

Complimentary Motorola Moto G04

After my angst of yesterday, and following my complaint to, and response by 3;

I have today successfully completed an on-line application.