cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Query

LoveGladly
Fledgling

First post here.

Going around in circles a bit with trying to sort an Phone upgrade with customer services.

My Device was paid of years ago as only a iPhone 6s so i only have an Airtime plan at £19.99 which i think is the cheapest. I don't remember renewing unless it auto renewed. I do know for sure that my account always said i could upgrade but i held off for a bit. I may of had to renew to another 2 years when i reduced the Data allowance to save money.

I tried upgrading online, and picked phone/plan etc. but when at the last page it said am i keeping my number and i selected yes, but then asked for a pac code which i don't require. It would not let me proceed.

I now understand this is because I'm in a contract and Three Support keep trying to get me a new contract with a new number which i don't want. I think my account is set to Device hence the large termination fee of £380 ish.

Could this early termination fee be due to the airtime plan being terminated?.  If i am staying with Three i don't see why i just cant continue and buy a new Phone with them.

I appreciate support/sales have to go through their Script, but even after going back and forth they could not answer my questions, and just continued to try and sell me a iphone with a new contract/number. I had to end multiple chats as was not getting anywhere. One advisor said there was an issue, and escalated it. A few minutes later i got an email stating my case was resolved, i thought that was quick and it turned out it was not even my issue and something to do with another Customer's Broadband. My Account however stated then my contract ends on 27th Feb so assumed they just changed the end date which was easier for them.

Any idea what's going on. if the contract ends in 2025 as support advise, then i accept it, then one option would be to just buy an unlocked iPhone elsewhere.

7 REPLIES 7
LoveGladly
Fledgling

So just about to contact Three again, then noticed that my Account Say's i can upgrade today!

I have just gone through the same process of adding the Phone/Plan and have got to the stage i am about to receive the Documents before buying, so whatever glitch seems to have corrected itself whether by support or on it's own.

I have not tried completing yet, as want to make sure i am picking the right iPhone as going from a 6s to something like a 13/14 and still comparing. Doesn't seem much difference but now reading about some issues with the 14.

I am going to ask them if this is correct before i commit so not to get a termination fee.

LoveGladly
Fledgling

Finally managed to convince an advisor that my Plan could not be a Device, and what he could see on my Account was not right. He went off to speak to Billing then came back and advised their has been some kind of migration. I am not really sure what the issue was but he assured me their was no early termination fee. I asked for this proof in an email but he said it was not possible. This is the only advisor that has managed to help, and even did a test upgrade to see if it would go through.

I have now completed the purchase!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @LoveGladly,

Glad to hear this was sorted out, please let us know how you get on with the new phone!

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Lifeguard7466
Regular

I been with 3 for 2 months with SIM only contact and it's saying to me I can upgrade from 8am tommo morning... YEA right after 2 months anyone else had this 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Lifeguard7466,

Can you let us know a bit more context? Are you talking about a potential scam communication or info you're seeing in My3 or the Three App? If you have a 12/24 month SIM only you may be able to arrange an early upgrade fee, but unless stated otherwise as part of a promotion you'd have an Early Upgrade Fee.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Lifeguard7466
Regular

No scam it says what it says on the 3 app 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries @Lifeguard7466 just clarifying where you were seeing this. Occasionally we do offers on the Three App, you may find that you're being offered a move from SIM only to phone plan, in those situations we may offer to waiver the Early Upgrade Fee as you'd be moving to a higher value contract.

I can only speculate though, as I can't see specific community members accounts, make sure to read any advice or terms on the Three App as this is general advice that may explain what you're seeing!

Thanks,
Jonathan