cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating my Number

sxdneytxylor
Fledgling

currently my number is under my dad's account 

I have tried to separate my number on several occasions as I pay the bill from my bank account but no one is helping or will speak to me as I'm not the account holder.

How is this possible when it's my name on the number and its my bank details connected? 

I just want to be able to sort out my own phone problems! 

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

I think you’ll have to get your Dad,as the account holder to call customer service and he’ll have to tell them that this is what he wants to happen;that’s the first thing. Now I’m speculating! It may be that you’ll need to be credit checked (I don’t know) or jump through a hoop or two (I don’t know). What I do know is your starting point is getting your Dad to start the call preferably with you next to him so he can say “this is what I want to happen and here’s my son/daughter now”. 
Best of luck. 

MZone
Key player

Sounds like the contract is in your dad’s name. As Paddiewack has stated he will need to call them to pass security. Maybe he can ask them to give you full access to the account if that’s something they do. Failing that you can request a transfer of ownership so the account is put into your name but you will probably have to pass a credit check to enable them to do this.