cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do 3 keep my personal details after confirming I am over 18?

Tommy1
Fledgling

Just joined 3 mobile, on PAYG with a voucher top-up paying cash. Needed parental controls removing. No credit card and cannot get to store (disability issues). I was defrauded badly online recently and now do not allow anyone to keep my details online. Joined online chat with an agent, very helpful but...

Only way to remove them without authorizing a credit card (don't have one) or visiting a store personally was to allow 3 to do an Experian check on me. Reluctantly I agreed but only if I could be assured that once done, any of my personal details (including name and address) would be immediately deleted by 3 and not stored. The agent assured me that once the check had been done, indeed no such records would be kept by 3. The check was done and I 'passed'.

Can I just ask for piece of mind that following this, 3 will not now have any record of my name or address please?

Best solution
Best solution
Avondale
Rising star

@Tommy1 

A search of Three's website and of this forum does not locate a data retention policy. Hence, I think that you would need to ask Three. But I would be surprised if Three did not keep a record of chat etc in case of subsequent query. 

If 'phoning Three gives the ubiquitous recorded message of ".....calls being recorded for training and monitoring purposes...", then I think that you can take it that the chat will be retained. They should have a specified data retention period, maybe six years.   

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Tommy1
Fledgling

Additional: Is a record of the chat kept by 3 and linked to my account?

Best solution
Avondale
Rising star

@Tommy1 

A search of Three's website and of this forum does not locate a data retention policy. Hence, I think that you would need to ask Three. But I would be surprised if Three did not keep a record of chat etc in case of subsequent query. 

If 'phoning Three gives the ubiquitous recorded message of ".....calls being recorded for training and monitoring purposes...", then I think that you can take it that the chat will be retained. They should have a specified data retention period, maybe six years.