cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail for a contract I have no knowledge of

WelshDave
Fledgling

I received the below e-mail last night and its not for a number I have ever owned.  One disturbing fact is how long the contract has been opened for which is since at least 2011 but this is the first time I have ever heard of it.  Below is a good chunk of the e-mail is it real and if so how would I be able to cancel it as I don't even know the number it refers to where it mentions the last three digits of it?!

Important information - you are out of contract

Account number: xxxxxxxxxx
Offer only available for: xxxxxxxxx690
Hello David,
Do you know you’re currently out of contract? We'd like to let you know your options so that you can choose the best plan for you. The minimum term of your contract ended on 03/10/2013.

Right now, you pay £16.54 a month† for a Broadband 5Gb (18/24 months) plan with a Motorola Xoom 3G and 5GB of data and Go Roam.

You have the following monthly Add-ons: Add Text with Laptop 150.

And over the past three months, you've used an average of 0GB of data.

3 REPLIES 3
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Dave, welcome to Three Community. 

We're sorry you've been left concerned by this unexpected email. We're keen to look into this for you and get everything cleared up. Have a check of your private messages here on the community - we've sent you a PM with some more info on what to do next. 

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

WelshDave
Fledgling

Hi Steph,

Many thanks for such a quick response.  I will check my PM's

Best wishes

Dave

WelshDave
Fledgling

Hi Steph,

Many thanks for your assistance with this.  I was able to get in touch with the social media team and get this taken care of.  

Thankfully it was my forgetful memory and not fraud.

Best Wishes

David