cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Porting

Jayz
Regular

Does anyone know why porting a number to Three has failed 4 times in a row? 🤔

I'm at the end of my tether trying to sort this out with Three customer services! 😐

3 REPLIES 3
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi Jayz, hope you're well. 

Just to double check, you're porting from a different network into Three correct?

What's the error that our Customer Services have advised for the reason? I'm sure you have tried before hand, keep in mind that the bank holiday will effect number transfer time.

Jayz
Regular

Hi LeeT,

All is good thanks and hope the same for yourself.

Yes, tried porting from a different network O2.

I have never been given no error, just keep trying. I did phone customer services yesterday and still not completed even though i was told this would be done and completed by Friday (just passed).

I was told this may take even longer, its already taken 2 weeks and this was the forth attempt.

As my cooling off period (14 day) is today, i was told it could not be extended during this process so i had no choice but to cancel contract as i did not want to be stuck with said 12 month contract if all failed once again.

Its sad but had no choice. 😞

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Jayz,

This is a rubbish experience, I’m sorry things didn’t work out as they should’ve done. As LeeT has mentioned, bank holidays can delay porting, but it sounds like something else went wrong here.

I’ve dropped you a private message, if you’d like to talk this over a little further. Thanks for sharing your experience here on Three Community.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.