cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account opened using stolen details

Manav0327
Fledgling

I have contacted three twice regarding a phone contract that was taken out under my name with a stolen ID, bank card and business card that included my personal email.

I received a letter saying that Three had confirmed that the contract was not fraudulent and that it was me that opened the contract. However upon dealing with the situation I was dazzled as to how they could not deal with situation as I explained that I had lost my ID previously alongside my bank card and other personal details in that wallet whilst away and yet Three have failed to resolve my issue. 

I am truly disappointed as I am a young man (18 years old) who does not need to take a phone contract out as my parents already pay for it, and yet Three cannot deal with this issue to cancel this contract and help me. 
I am really disappointed and this is causing me some distress.

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

It might be worth your time raising a complaint via this page https://bit.ly/3RaqpvS

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Manav0327,

I'm sorry to hear you've had an account set up fraudulently and can imagine how upsetting this must be.

I'd agree with raising a complaint, as suggested by @MZone.

I'd also advise to make sure you've registered this with Action Fraud and provided the reference to our team.

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.