cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free roaming switched off

Anniebee303
Fledgling
Anyone else annoyed that free roaming has been switched off. I wasn't aware of this when I renewed my contract last month. I had to renew (upgrade) because my old contract was finishing. Been a 3 customer for many years, but not for much longer. This was totally underhand and unacceptable 😤
4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Most people who roam are annoyed at 3's actions especially when you consider that it's sub-brand still allows free roaming.

I am not sure that underhanded is fair as it was announced on their website and I still signed up.

Clever-Trevor
Established

yes; not happy but was known ( O2 offer EU roaming for free + Visual Voicemail ! ) / I guess when many jump ship they may then act..... hopefully  

PAL62V
Fledgling

So I have just been burned by this. Had no prior emails or texts and I am in the US right now. First I knew was when I got a text telling me I was being charged to unlock my data for the next 24 hours.
Phoned CS, and they told me that they sent me a text last week - I never received it. Got him to resend it - never received it again. Yet they insist it was sent and nothing they can do.

I intend taking this further and will go to small claims and social media if not satisfied. No notice given (yes I am out of contract but last communication stated clearly that to do nothing meant Go Roam would remain free). They have to alert you by law to any changes.

Disgusting and disinterested service by CS. And if they are reading this, prepare for a social media and legal storm.

PAL62V
Fledgling

Did anyone else get prior notification of the change to Go Roam? Text, email?