cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From monthly plan to PAYG

svltcheah
Fledgling

How do I switch from a monthly plan to PAYG and keep my old number?

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, type Monthly to PAYG into the search bar at the top of this page and there are a number if posts on this subject. Moderators have posted on how to do this.

svltcheah
Fledgling

It's no longer possible to do it at all.  I was told by Three shop assistant that they have changed their systems and you need to export your number to another network and then re-import it. Quite silly.

sc1999
Local celebrity

According to their website:

Moving within Three

Already with us and want to move over to Pay Monthly, Pay As You Go or one of our business plans? No worries - please contact us.

Once on the page there is no further info. The only other option you have is to call 333 and hope that the guy in the shop was wrong. If I was told to do that I would move to another network and stay there.

Sometimes you have to wonder why no one thinks that these requests are ever likely to be made. Probably the same person who thought that 1 email address per number was a great idea.

svltcheah
Fledgling

Yes, I am moving to another network. And will probably stay there.  

"No worries- please contact us" led to long discussions on phone, plus a visit in person to a Three shop, all to be told that it is not possible to move from Monthly to PAYG any longer.

svltcheah
Fledgling

And that's a bit of a shame because I've been with Three from almost the beginning (over 10 years)