cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Experience with Three UK's Inaccurate Billing and Credit Score Impact

sltmedia
Fledgling

Dear Three Community,
I hope this message finds you well. As a concerned customer of Three UK, I feel compelled to share my distressing experience regarding their inaccurate billing practices and the subsequent negative impact on my credit score.
Despite my repeated efforts to cancel a specific number, providing all the necessary documentation and following the proper procedures, Three UK has failed to honor my requests. To my dismay, I continue to receive invoices for a service I no longer use or possess.
Adding to my frustration, the online account management system remains inaccessible, preventing me from resolving the issue independently. This lack of functionality has left me feeling powerless and unable to take any meaningful action.
What deeply concerns me is the significant impact this situation has had on my personal credit score. Three UK's mishandling of the cancellation and their persistence in sending unpaid bills to debt collection agencies have caused immense anxiety and are affecting my financial well-being.
I reach out to the Three Community for support and guidance in addressing these distressing matters. If any fellow customers have experienced similar issues or have successfully resolved them, I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations.
Moreover, I implore Three UK to take immediate action to rectify their billing inaccuracies, provide a viable solution to access and manage our accounts, and mitigate the damage caused to customers' credit scores.
Thank you for your attention and support in raising awareness about these concerns. Let us stand together as a community to ensure fair treatment and seek a prompt resolution from Three UK.
Best regards,

9 REPLIES 9
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sltmedia,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences. I can appreciate this is a really frustrating and distressing situation, particularly if you've requested to cancel, only to find that the account was passed to a debt collection agency. We'll do our best to get this investigated and resolved for you, however it will require access to your account in order to determine what has happened, and to set things right.

I'll send you a private message that will direct you to colleagues that can discuss this further more securely. They'll take ownership of your dispute and do their best to resolve it for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

McDonough
Fledgling

I am having nothing but trouble with 3 they have registered two late payments on my credit file although I had promise to pay in place which were paid. They told me on of them was carried over for nearly 2 months yet I have a receipt confirming its paid in fact none of my bills have been 30 days late which is when there supposed to be reported. I gave them the receipt number to be told it can't be accessed. All this has happened since the system upgrade never had any trouble in 18 years. Noone is listening or willing to go through my bills with me so I can prove I'm in the right. Spent 4 hours tonight preparing a file for the ombudsman.  Iis beyond a joke.

bnewton
Regular

Three's new technical systems are ABYSMAL. I think they offload their technical department to an overseas indian call centre just like their customer service, because nothing else explains these third world systems that don't work and are causing UK customers so many problems. It's ridiculous. Three needs a long hard reshuffle of it's business. Relying on indian call centres to manage the bulk of your customers expectations only works well if the indian call centres are simply taking orders and payments. Once you actually encounter issues and need help from somebody, that's where youre stuck, because not only will the indian call centres not understand your problem -- they simply won't care enough to want to fix it. I am enraged by how ridiculous their new systems are. I'm sorry to hear it's affecting your credit score. The idiots have just forced me to try to re-order my upgrade for my phone 3 times, doing three separate credit checks, and now they've f**ked up my credit file too so now I can't even leave them to get a contract with another service because they've made so many credit lookups in a short space of time! The worst thing is I passed three's credit checks each time, but they don't send me the stupid eSign link to sign for my contract, so, the order ultimately gets cancelled after a 72 hour wait. I've gone around in circles three times. Incompetent imbeciles!

Teels64
Fledgling

I am having the exact same issue. Firstly through the three app. I tried to upgrade my phone and got passed the credit check. And it crashed. Made me do it all again another two times. So I am assuming this will go down as 3 credit checks on my account which I am absolute seething about as I am buying a new house in a couple of months and need to apply for a mortgage. In the end I had to call them to upgrade. They then tell me I need to have another credit check to continue. Now I have been waiting for the esign document for two days. Its not arrived. They have now resent and still not arrived. I can tell you right now. If this. If they cancel this after 72 hours because it has not been signed I am done with three mobile. £44 for an iPhone 15 per month over three years. And I have notice it can go to ID mobile and get an iPhone 15 pro over 2 years for £39 with unlimited data. The irony is they use the Three network. Being ripped off after 10 years with three. Pathetic customer service. They have no clue nor do they listen to my worries about these credit searches. If my upgrade is cancelled I'm done with this lot

DarioN
Regular

Warning to the public your credit score may well be damaged for years 

What is clear in the recent direct debit failure in May which was acknowledged by 3 on the 14 of July this year where the stated they Had sorted the error: amounted to gross negligence as my credit rating dropped 35 points. I am no longer able to get a competitive loan rate. I recently sent a copy of the 48% loan rate. Would you believe 3 offered me a disgraceful amount of £50 per account yesterday. DAVID WHO PUT MY COMPLAINT INTO DEADLOCK TOLD ME MY CREDIT RATING WILL PROBABLY NOT BE REPAIRED. 

I have asked for a copy of my contracts and on both occasions he never sent them. Disgraceful company ladies and gentleman that you cannot rely on integrity or fair play. Do not trust this firm. Go to another as there is no integrity in their decision making when it comes to owning up to real damage for tbe customer

DarioN
Regular

In May this year 3 sent our a text saying they had a direct debit error and do nothing 

On the 14th of July 2023 they sent out a text saying : 

We know you've been affected by some recent issues with the collection of your monthly direct debit. We’ve been working to fix those issues, but this is not the experience we want you to have with us. As a gesture of apology and to thank you for your patience, we've credited your account with £10 which will be reflected on your next bill. 

However the text message tells untruths as when I checked my credit file in.mid August 2 missed payments were recorded

Thus far 3 refuse to answer one simple question: where does it say in the contract terms that 3 are permitted to add missed payments to my credit file when I am not in default.  

It should be noted my credit score dropped 35 points and since reporting it to the credit agency and 3 it has not recovered. 

3 are a menanace in the market place and cannot be trusted even to answer a simple question. Fact 

Elliew
Fledgling

This exact same thing has happened to me. They refuse to remove the note on my credit report so I am reporting it to the ombudsman. 

Odysseas
Fledgling

I am experiencing almost the same issue with Three. After  spending an entire hour over the phone with one of Three  advisors we agreed that my contract will be cancelled after 30 days. I accept that even though the reason I wanted to cancel the contract was because my bill from £17 jumped up to £23 without any email sent to inform me about this change.  This was a sim card contract which I used to use only for WiFi which mostly won't work. Last time I received an email for this contract was December 2022 saying if I wish to continue to keep the contract at the same cost  I don't need to do anything and sadly after almost 18 months I was  getting charged for £23 / month not £17 anymore. I stopped my direct debit and called Three to raise the issue and cancel my contract explaining to the advisor that I have cancelled my direct debit and any outstanding bills to be sent via post or email . That was agreed and confirmed by him at the time but after a few days I received an email from Three saying thanks for staying with us . I decided this time to choose live chat and after wasting my time again explaining everything to the advisor i was told that the contract wasn't cancelled because the direct debit was stopped. I requested to be sent a copy of my conversion with the previous advisor confirming that my contract was cancelled but no response for  this , instead the advisor passed me to another advisor who started again the security check questionnaire .I explained to him that I had no time to go through all this again as I need to pick up my son from carate club I left the chat. So apparently just another waste of time talking to these people from India who haven't got a clue about how do they job. After a while I received an email with a overdue bill which I paid for hoping that would be the last one but I was wrong three keep trying to take money from my account even though I have stopped using that sim card since I cancelled supposedly my contract and the worst thing my credit score went down and ruined because of one of Three UK  incompetent  employee and their bad management system which fails to keep their costumers updated with any contract changes. I have another contract with Three UK  and will make sure this time is cancelled properly ones the term ends. Very bitter experience by Three.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's disappointing to hear you've had such a poor experience with Three. It's unclear why the request you made wasn't processed as expected, or why it wasn't rectified afterwards. 

If you haven't already, you can speak to the Complaints Team to have the issue looked into, and they will work towards trying to find a resolution with you.

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.