cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop promotional SMS messages from Three?

Skywaves
Fledgling

I don't mind the occasional promotional message, but it is not unusual to receive several messages from Three each day. Please can somebody tell me where/how/if it is even possible to stop these? Where do I opt out? 

Thanks.

John

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

Glad to help.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

There is usually a message at the bottom telling you to text STOP or you can go here for more details. Marketing preferences | Three. You can also use the My3 app or via your account on the web.

Skywaves
Fledgling

Thank you for pointing me to this page sc1999. 

I sent an email tp this address. 

Have a great day!

Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

Glad to help.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Chenders
Fledgling

I just attempted to do this. There is no option to opt out from the mobile app. I phoned Three customer services and they confirmed that the ONLY way to cancel these spam messages is to phone them. They said they have cancelled mine now, but have they? Who knows.

Three have obviously decided to make this difficult because they really just want to shove their spam down your throat. It’s a scummy practice and if I get another spam text from them I’m switching provider.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Android,  My3, account settings, user permissions. I turn them all off except billing.