cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "Monthly Setup"

teallen
Fledgling

Ever since getting my Samsung S22, it's been trying to force me to download certain apps. Initially I downloaded these apps and deleted them. But now every month I get  anotification that I can't clear without installing and deleting these apps again. I don't want these apps, and I want to stop being told to install them. How do I disable th is?                         

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Which apps are they? There are a number of apps which cannot be deleted. Some are part of the os and some that Samsung have to install. 

Avondale
Rising star

@teallen 

Sounds to me like your handset could be infected with malware. It might be worth downloading something like AVG or Malwarebytes and scanning it for issues.  

sc1999
Local celebrity

There are a heap of Google apps that allow you to delete all of the updates and then reinstalls them when you're not looking.

Makretas
Fledgling

I have the same problem. Three app has a "monthly setup" which they give you the recommended apps to download every month. You can unselect them all and then press- continue. It will not download any. But the problem is that it is occurring every month and it is annoying... I tried to search how to disable that but no luck yet. I feel you pal. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Apple, android monthly or PAYG and where is this on the app as I cannot see any reference to it?

ElisePorter
Fledgling

I couldn't agree with you more, its the most frustrating thing!

Marcain
Fledgling

From Three Support;

Clear Cache for the Three App,

Uninstall Three app,

Clear Cache for any Browser App(s),

Turn Off Phone

Turn On Phone

Re-install Three App.

open Three App,

Re-Authenticate to your account etc as its now blank.

Access account etc, make sure apps logged in as normal.

That should fix it. but I wont know myself until next month. they suggested there was an issue with one of the updates of the App back in late 2023, reinstalling should resolve the issue.