cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased number of Spam calls pretnding to be Three offering me a discount on my current contract

Danz04
Fledgling

In the last 7 days I have had four calls from numbers all claiming to be from Three and telling me that they are giving me a 40% reduction in my phone bill.

I googled each of the numbers or have tried calling them back when they eventually hang up on me for not answering their questions and the numbers are always out of service, but this is becoming far too frequent. Is anyone else seeing this and does the community manager have any solutions?

Todays call was from Denmark number +45 81 71 14 01

when I questioned why they were calling me from Denmark, there response was that's where the promotions department is based.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Danz04,

I totally appreciate your frustration, every time I hear about scam callers pretending to represent us in order to take advantage of honest people it frustrates me too.

Unfortunately these scammers are criminals operating from abroad, using software to "spoof" the numbers they're calling from. I can assure you that Three's Customer Protection Team analysts, and organisations like Action Fraud, and OfCom take these matters very seriously, and we hope that a solution is found to put a stop to this soon.

The best thing to do is to use the info on our Fraud to watch out for page, to help us report and gather more data on the calls and phishing emails that these scammers use.

I appreciate how concerning it is not being able to trust incoming calls as genuine, but I can assure you, we don't make offers which will immediately expire if not agreed to on the call there and then, and we don't call from international, or personal phone numbers. If it seems to good to be true, or a caller seems suspicious, customer services can have a look to see if we've actually been trying to get in touch.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.