cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malware on SIM

Hoof_Hearted
Fledgling

I suffered a cyber attack on my iPhone and my desktop computer. I eventually traced the problem with my phone at least to malware that was hiding on my 3 SIM card. So I have removed the card. What should I do now? I had about £40 - £45 in my 3 account. 

Best solution
Best solution
Geluk
Key player

You can ask for a replacement SIM at any 3 store.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Superstar

I’m sorry but I cannot believe Three would supply a sim with malware on it. What evidence do you have to back up your claim? Or are you saying the malware got to your sim whilst in use?

Hoof_Hearted
Fledgling

I didn’t say 3 did it. I had threats saying a trojan had been installed and money was demanded. My phone was going insane. Also face recognition was unusable. My card details were stolen. All sorts of weird things happened to my phone. I was about to scrap the phone and buy a new one. So I removed the SIM card. Suddenly all back to normal.  So I guess they had installed the Trojan on the card used for SIM numbers. 

I was asking in case  3 said they could move my credit to the new card when I eventually get one. I’m in no hurry right now. I can do without the mobile phone if necessary. 

Best solution
Geluk
Key player

You can ask for a replacement SIM at any 3 store.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Remember to bring your passport or driving license, as the store need to check this for security when swapping a SIM

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

How long have you had the SIM? If the SIM was infected at source then I would have expected to see many posts on the subject.