cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband Contract Cancellation

gmeikle67
Fledgling

Good afternoon.

I recently contacted Three to ask for my 75 year old mothers mobile broadband contract to be cancelled as she experienced a stroke in May this year and while in hospital she was diagnosed with advanced dementia which has meant that she has had to go into full time nursing care.

I understand that normally cancelling a contract means an early termination charge, £285 in this case, but I was hoping that due to the extenuating circumstances that my mother would not have to pay this.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Geluk
Key player

This is a customer forum; you need to contact "3" Cust Service directly by dialling 333.

gmeikle67
Fledgling

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted customer services and they have forwarded me to a link to contact the “accessibility” team.

I have started two web chats and been first in the queue but no response.

I have even sent an email to the team and no response so at the moment I cannot “contact” anyone who can offer any useful help.

I have searched on this forum and seen similar posts where a moderator from 3 has sent a PM to help.

sc1999
Local celebrity

If you click on a moderator's name you will go to their profile and you can send them a pm.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gmeikle67,

It sounds like you've been trying to contact the Customer Wellness Team? Have you tried giving them a call? I can't imagine how difficult this situation is to deal with, but the colleagues in that team will do their best to help. How long has it been since you emailed them?

The biggest challenge tends to be satisfying security requirements, but if you or someone else already has Power Of Attorney then we can take requests from that individual, assuming your mum isn't able to, or hasn't previously added your details as an authorised contact?

If none of these options are possible, you could also share with the team documentation from her doctor that explains the diagnosis, and that could be used as the basis for us to consider an early cancellation request.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.